(c) Contents in this blog are the properties of Mr.Vineeth Mohandas. All the information have been reproduced here for the benefit of site visitors, and is provided at no charge.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Funeral

I could sense, the overwhelming scent,
From the burning of the camphor;
The white fumes that blanketed the room
Rising from the agarbattis;
The garland that made my body heavy,
The fire from the lamp that raised the mercury,
And here I was, dressed up in a new cloth,
With all elegance, like never before.
There were a flock of people all around,
But a few ones with wet eyes.
I wondered was it for my wings that got cut
Or for my flight that is all over.
But nevertheless, I felt this moment
The most remarkable event of my life.
And then, it was time,
To bid adieu to everything I loved
So passionately all this while
And embrace a new life.
Now here I live, buried in forever,
With all my dreams, aspirations and lust,
Turning for a little space,
In this beautiful coffin of mine.

- Vineeth Mohandas

5 comments:

  1. This is really deep and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir,
    I am spell bound by your words and the emotion it radiates. I loved each and every word of it. Such strong emotions, and such a beautiful depth. I couldn't stop reading it.
    Thankyou so much for this beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete